David Allan Duncan (who goes by DUNCAN) has been teaching drawing, sequential art, and comics history since 2003. He began his teaching career at the University of Arizona in Tucson, where he was working on his comic strip Gobnobble, which has since developed into an ongoing series of comic stories.
He now serves as a full-time professor of sequential art at the Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD) where he was chair of the Sequential Art department for two years, but stepped down because teaching is so much more fun. He is from Kimberly, AL but has been living in Savannah, GA since 2005. He lives there with his lovely bride Kristie and their son Oliver.
He can be found at conventions and conferences around the country doing comics workshops, giving academic papers, and hocking his mini-comics.
Courses that Duncan teaches at SCAD:
- SEQA 100 - Introduction to Sequential Art
- SEQA 205 - Survey of Sequential Art
- SEQA 220 - Cartooning
- DRAW 341 - Travel Portfolio
- SEQA 360 - Mini-Comics
- SEQA 382 - Visual Storytelling I
- SEQA 386 - Hand-Lettering and Typography for Comics
- SEQA 420 - Alternative and/or Experimental Comics
- SEQA 495 - Franco-Belgian Comics
- SEQA 701 - Theories & Practices for Sequential Art
- Graduate Studio I-IV – SEQA 716, 726, 756, 766